Why Hire a Houston Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
Few things are more devastating than a dog bite or attack. Not only can the situation cause you to require serious medical care, but you may also need time getting back on your feet. Hiring a Houston dog bite injury lawyer will allow you to shift the legal responsibility to our office to put you in the best position to negotiate a settlement and recover physically.
You can count on our Texas legal team at The Law Offices of Omar Khawaja to help you:
- Stand up to the insurer if they try to offer you less than what you need
- Defend your matter in case the dog or property owner blames you for the attack
- Thoroughly and comprehensively investigate the facts of your case and preserve discoverable evidence
- Work with a network of a dog attack and bite injury experts to explain and understand the value of your case
- Help you track the losses you suffered due to another’s negligence
Regardless of your circumstances, a Houston dog bite injury lawyer on our legal team will treat you and your loved ones with the highest compassion and empathy throughout the entire claims process. You will not have to stand up to insurance companies and their clients alone. The Law Offices of Omar Khawaja is by your side every step of the way.
You Can Still Win Your Case Even If It Is the Dog’s First Bite
Although Texas recognizes a one-bite rule, this legislation does not explicitly exonerate the dog owner from all liability, even if it is the first attack or bite. Dog owners owe others a duty of care to keep people reasonably safe from harm. If the dog owner does not meet this duty, then you have the standing to pursue a civil court lawsuit.
Examples of negligence on behalf of the dog owner include:
- Permitting their dogs to wander off-leash
- Keeping the dog in an unfenced yard
- Encouraging the dog to act aggressively
- Failing to stop an attack once it begins
While the preceding list of examples is not exhaustive entirely, it helps you understand the types of behaviors that courts may consider negligent on behalf of the owner. They can also be held liable for dog bite injuries related to the one-bite rule and local animal ordinances violations.
Compensation Is Available After a Dog Bite or Attack in Texas
Dog bite injuries or the loss of a loved one are too costly for most families to bear alone. It would be best if you did not have to pay for the harm someone’s negligent actions caused you. A Houston dog bite injury lawyer at The Law Offices of Omar Khawaja is here to help. Instead of walking away with less than you deserve, allow our legal team to take care of your rights and interests when filing a claim.
All injury cases are different; however, we will fight for an award that covers your:
- Current and future medical costs
- Lost work wages and benefits, for missing time
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death awards for surviving family members
- Punitive damages
- And more
Depending upon the particulars and circumstances of your case, the insurance company may try to use Texas’ comparative negligence laws to pay you less than its total value. If the insurer can prove that you were at least partially responsible for the dog bite or attack, then it can reduce your award by a percentage of fault. Do not let them get away with sneaky tricks and unsavory tactics to get away with paying you less than you need.
If you hire our Texas firm, we will not charge you any money up front to help out.
Get more information about your insurance claim or civil court lawsuit by calling (713) 561-5454 or messaging us here.