Houston Maritime Injury Lawyer
Thousands of hard-working Texans are injured on the job every year. A Houston maritime injury lawyer sees the dangers and tolls that physically demanding work on rigs, ships, and docks take. While these positions carry inherent risk, there are specific safety requirements that employers must meet. If you were injured at work, the law offices of Omar Khawaja will help you determine which legal options are available for compensation.
Call Our Legal Team Before the Deadline
There is a limited time to act due to the statute of limitations, which means you should speak to our legal team as soon as possible to avoid missing your opportunity. Call us now for your Free Consultation at (281) 888-2339. Also, you are welcome to send us a direct message about your case online. If you hire us, you do not owe us any form of an advance payment.
We Represent the Toughest Maritime Personal Injury Cases in Texas
On our legal team, a Houston maritime injury lawyer has the requisite knowledge of a complex body of law that impacts the outcome of your injury case when a workplace accident happens. Not only do we have the requisite training, but we also have extensive experience fighting for maritime and admiralty workers across the Gulf Coast.
The types of cases we represent include:
- Deck accidents
- Tugboat and barge accidents
- Oil platform accidents
- Cargo ship accidents
- Jack-up rig accidents
- Shipyard accidents
- Commercial fishing accidents
- Other maritime personal injuries
Maritime work is challenging, and when you or a family member are injured within the scope of employment, you need a firm that can match the insurance companies and other third-parties, point for point. Attorney Omar and his legal team have a strong track record for pushing back against injustice, and we want to offer the same to you.
Free Consultation with a Houston Maritime Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered from a maritime accident injury and want to find out more about the legal options available to you, get in touch with us for a Free Consultation today online or by calling (281) 888-2339.
A Houston Maritime Injury Lawyer Navigates the Law for You
It is no secret that maritime laws are incredibly complicated, involving both federal and state regulations. The law offices of Omar Khawaja will help you understand the laws applicable to your case while handling the claims process from start to finish. Your Houston maritime injury lawyer has the experience, resources, and knowledge to negotiate an award for your injuries or family member’s death.
If you choose to hire us, you can expect that our legal team will:
- Complete and file an accident report with your employer if you have not already done so
- Establish which laws apply to your case, including the Jones Act
- Preserve evidence related to negligence and negligent parties
- Review and respond to all communications and paperwork
- Communicate all deadlines, including the statute of limitations, to you
- Take your case to civil court if the insurance company does not settle
- Free consultations and no attorneys’ fees until you win your case
A Houston maritime injury lawyer will help you concentrate on your well-being and recovery while handling the fight with the insurance companies and other third-parties involved. Our law firm values transparency and communication, which means that we will communicate new developments in your matter as they arise.
Compensation Is Available After a Maritime Injury in Texas
Unfortunately, insurers are not on your side when you are filing an insurance claim. They are trying to pay you as little as possible for your injuries or loved one’s death while still meeting the contractual obligations in its policy and applicable laws. It is also essential to recognize that workers’ comp claims do not cover all of your financial losses or damages.
A no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a Houston maritime injury lawyer at the law offices of Omar Khawaja will help you determine if you can receive an award for:
- Current and ongoing medical costs
- Current and future lost wages and benefits
- Physical pain and suffering and mental anguish
- Wrongful death and survival action damages for surviving family
- Punitive damages
- And other available civil awards
Additional options outside of workers’ compensation may include:
- Maintenance and cure: When injured at work, you have the right to maintenance payments as a maritime work for regular expenses, like housing, travel, and food. You may also receive cure payments that provide medical expenses until you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI) covered by the Jones Act.
- Vocational and rehabilitation benefits: Like workers’ comp, the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) would pay benefits for vocation rehabilitation, including counseling, training, and evaluations if you suffered from an offshore work injury.
- Temporary or permanent disability: Under the LHWCA, Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (OCSLA), and Defense Base Act (DBA), temporary or permanent disability payments are offered if you are unable to return to work. Disability is available for total or partial losses.
As you can see, there are many laws and opportunities that allow you to receive compensation for your injuries caused at work not mentioned here, including the Death on the High Seas Act (DOHSA). However, maritime law is a complex area, and making mistakes can cause delays or denials when going after the insurance money you need. Hire a Houston maritime injury lawyer to help you get it right the first time.
Pursue a Maritime Injury Claim with Our Legal Team
The law offices of Omar Khawaja are ready to help you understand the applicable federal and state laws that are applicable to your civil case and how we will navigate the legal process on your behalf. In some cases, the insurance companies are unwilling to meet the terms of their policy or illegally deny your benefits. You will have confidence in knowing that a Houston maritime injury lawyer will fight it out at trial if necessary.
Work with a Prepared Legal Team
Some deadlines apply to your case, known as the statute of limitations. These deadlines vary according to the laws that apply. Do not miss your chance to receive benefits because of a statutory requirement. Call a Houston maritime injury lawyer at the law offices of Omar Khawaja for a Free Consultation at (281) 888-2339 or by messaging us here.