Houston Lyft Accident Lawyer
Lyft, Inc. has rapidly grown to become one of the largest rideshare companies in the United States since its inception in 2012. While Lyft may offer services that encourage safety and speed, a rideshare accident is not your fault, and you should receive compensation for the harm you or your family member suffered.
A Houston Lyft accident lawyer at the law offices of Omar Khawaja will protect your rights throughout the entire claims process. Rideshare accident injury cases are more challenging to negotiate since numerous insurance companies and corporate red-tape are involved.
Call 281-888-2339 for a Free Case Evaluation Now
Do not let them give you less money than you deserve. Work with our legal team to handle your case’s legal details while you focus on your physical health and recovery. When you need Houston Lyft accident lawyers to provide legal advice after a Lyft accident injury or wrongful death, get in touch with our firm for a Free Case Evaluation by messaging us privately online or calling 281-888-2339.
If you select our office to represent your case, the law offices of Omar Khawaja will not charge you any advance attorneys’ fees.
A Houston Lyft Accident Is Not Your Fault
There are several reasons why a Lyft accident may occur. The reality is that most rideshare accidents should not happen in the first place. Whether it was your Lyft driver’s fault or the fault of another motorist in traffic, state and federal laws protect your rights to compensation when you are suffering bodily harm or the lost life of a family member.
At the law offices of Omar Khawaja, your Houston Lyft accident lawyer has years of experience in handling legal matters that arise from:
- Reckless driving, such as speeding
- Distracted driving, such as texting
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Drivers while intoxicated
- Failing to follow traffic signals and signs
- Failing to maintain the covered Lyft vehicle
- Other types of negligence
The law offices of Omar Khawaja understand how frustrating these cases are and want to make your experience as straightforward and seamless as possible. We will help you understand the claims process and provide legal advice as decisions need to be made. Your Houston Lyft accident lawyer will pursue an award that Texas laws allow you to receive after a personal injury or wrongful death.
Get Legal Help from Houston Lyft Accident Lawyers
If you or your family member were injured after a Lyft rideshare accident, do not let the insurance company lead your case. Hire a Houston Lyft accident lawyer to ensure that someone is investigating your case independently while negotiating a settlement or civil award equivalent to your financial and future losses. Request a Free Case Evaluation now by calling 281-888-2339 or messaging us here.
You Can File a Lyft Rideshare Claim After an Accident in Houston
Lyft drivers must carry a minimum commercial insurance policy through the United States. However, coverage amounts will vary according to state laws. As such, there are limitations regarding who can file a claim through these policies.
Your Houston Lyft accident lawyer will analyze the facts and circumstances of your case to help the following people file a claim:
- Drivers who were in an accident with a Lyft driver
- Lyft passengers involved in an accident
- Lyft passengers assaulted by a Lyft driver
- Lyft drivers injured by underinsured/uninsured drivers
The law offices of Omar Khawaja represent injury victims whose lives were affected by someone else’s negligent actions. Our Houston Lyft accident lawyers will help you or your family regardless of whether you were a passenger, driver, or pedestrian. If you were severely harmed in an accident caused by another person, you are protected by civil laws and should receive compensation that falls under these states.
Lyft Insurance Coverage Rules Are Complicated
What makes Lyft accident claims so challenging relates to how the insurance coverage is structured. While Lyft requires drivers to have an insurance policy, the company also provides insurance policies that extend to passengers of up to $1 million. However, this money is reserved for specific situations, including the driver’s status.
At a glance, these are the policies that related to Lyft insurance benefits:
- Driver not logged into the app: This driver is not operating on behalf of Lyft, which means that you file a claim through the driver’s insurance company.
- Driver logged into the app and waiting for a rideshare request: In this situation, there is more limited coverage of up to $50,000 in bodily injury liability per person, $30,000 for property damage, and up to $100,000 per accident.
- Driver logged into the app, accepted a request, and is en route to pick up: Once the Lyft driver is en route to pick up a customer, he or she is covered by Lyft’s $1 million policy. However, this coverage only begins after maxing out the benefits under the driver’s insurance plan.
- Driver brings passenger to the final destination: Lyft’s $1 million policy is applied during this service stage. It provides compensation for personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage to passengers and Lyft drivers.
Numerous factors make the Lyft accident insurance claim process more complicated than standard motor vehicle claims. There may be multiple parties at fault, insurance claim denials, and other legal issues that make it more challenging for injured parties to receive the money they need. A Houston Lyft accident lawyer at the law offices of Omar Khawaja will conduct a full investigation of the facts to ensure that you get the money you deserve.
You Can Recover a Civil Award for Your Lyft Accident Injuries
Passengers or motorists who have suffered injuries by a Lyft accident can obtain a financial award for the damages they experienced. Since accident injuries can be life-changing, Texas laws protect you against losses now and in the future. While these cases are complicated and challenging, you have rights as a Lyft passenger or motorist struck by a driver.
While every case is unique, the Lyft accident lawyers at the law offices of Omar Khawaja will pursue an award to help you pay for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future lost earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death for surviving family
- Punitive damages
- Other types of compensation as recoverable
If you or a family member suffered from Lyft accident injuries, thinking about money is generally the last thing on anyone’s mind after an accident. Financial concerns typically affect victims when time is missed at work and bills start piling up to no avail from the insurance company. Instead of waiting until this point for legal help, hire a Houston Lyft accident lawyer to protect your legal rights from the start of the claims process.
A Statute of Limitations Limits the Amount of Time You Have to File a Claim
Like all personal injury matters, there is a legal deadline, also known as the statute of limitations, that affects the timeline by which you have to file a claim. Lyft injury and wrongful death accidents are no exception. If you miss Texas’ statute of limitations, you no longer have the right to file a case in general.
Your case’s statute of limitations depends upon the facts and circumstances:
- You have up to two (2) years, beginning from the date of your injury, if the claim is against the Lyft Driver
- You have up to two (2) years, beginning from the date of your injury, if the claim is against another driver
- You have up to four (4) years, beginning from the date of your injury, if the claim is against an uninsured/underinsured driver
This deadline is critical since insurance companies may use it as a bargaining chip on time. Do not let them unfairly pressure you into accepting a lesser settlement based on a potential outcome. Even if you are unsure about the statute of limitations, get legal advice from a Houston Lyft accident lawyer to help you determine which time limits apply to your situation at the law offices of Omar Khawaja.
Hire a Houston Lyft Accident Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
Despite the advantages that Lyft rideshare services provide, they do not come without inherent risk, including traumatic accidents resulting in injury or death. Insurance companies are NEVER on your side when filing a claim for benefits, which means that they will also reduce payments to you if they see a legal opportunity to do so.
Hire the law offices of Omar Khawaja to represent your case and findings to the insurance company, their lawyers, Lyft, Inc., Lyft drivers, and other motorists involved. If you determine that we are the best fit for your case, you do not pay us anything until you win.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation
When you have legal questions, a Houston Lyft accident lawyer at the law offices of Omar Khawaja has answers. Get the information that you want and deserve by scheduling a Free Case Evaluation at 281-888-2339. You are also welcomed to message us about your case here confidentially.