Houston Equipment Failures Injury Lawyer
Working in the oil and gas or maritime industries involves handling equipment and tools in a harsh environment. When they do not function as expected, it can result in severe injuries or loss of life. If malfunctioning or defective equipment caused your accident injury or loved one’s death while on the job, hire a Houston equipment failures injury lawyer at the law offices of Omar Khawaja to help you get the compensation you need.
There are civil deadlines and complex maritime injury laws that apply to your case. Not understanding them can negatively impact it. Our legal team’s trusted advice and guidance will help you understand your options while devising a strategy that makes sense for your case. You will have a legal professional standing by your side throughout the entire process.
Schedule a Free Consultation Now
There is zero cost to speak with our firm about your injuries caused by an equipment failure. We are ready to protect your civil rights and fight for an insurance settlement or civil court award. Schedule a Free Consultation now by calling (281) 888-2339 or through our contact form. No attorneys’ fees until you win.
Hire a Houston Equipment Failures Injury Lawyer to Prove Your Case
When you are injured at work, there are a few options for obtaining a monetary settlement for the damage you suffered, including workers comp benefits, personal injury claims, and more. However, the process becomes complicated when the employer denies specific facts, more than one party at fault, or the insurance company denies the claim after a workplace accident.
A Houston equipment failures injury lawyer will help you cut through speculation and build a case that holds liable parties accountable for your physical, financial, and emotional losses under the Jones Act, longshore work injury acts, and more. Attorney Omar and his legal team may even discover parties not previously known that share part of the responsibility.
Discoveries that we have made in the past include:
- Failure test or inspect equipment or tools
- Defective tools or equipment
- Failure to discover equipment defects
- Failure to discover potential defects or danger
- Failure to install or make equipment properly
- Improper employee or contractor training
- Failure to warn about equipment risks
Any of these negligent and dangerous errors can occur anytime and anywhere when working in the maritime industry. Since numerous parties may be at fault for your injuries or a family member’s passing, a Houston equipment failures injury lawyer will identify them if they bear any responsibility. You will not have to owe or pay the law offices of Omar Khawaja any payment until you win your case and recover an award.
Call (281) 888-2339 for a Free Consultation with a Houston Equipment Failures Injury Lawyer
If you were injured at work while as an oil and gas or maritime employee, you deserve to receive a civil award that Texas laws protect. Receive a Free Consultation now by messaging us online or calling (281) 888-2339 at the law offices Omar Khawaja today.
We Will Hold Liable Parties Accountable for Their Negligent Actions
Pursuing a claim against the correct parties is critical. Filing a case against the wrong person will result in a denial of benefits or a dismissal of your lawsuit, thereby delaying or barring you from the money you need as soon as possible. A Houston equipment failures injury lawyer on our team will help you avoid this situation by thoroughly investigating your accident and identifying the at-fault individuals or organizations.
The parties that we will investigate may include:
- Your employer: There are numerous ways that your employer may bear responsibility when tools or equipment malfunction. Failing to train employees or maintain equipment properly is negligent. Negligence provides you with the standing you need to pursue a claim.
- Contractors: Contractors working on and around the site hold a duty to maintain a safe work environment, including taking proper safety precautions with all equipment. A Houston equipment failures injury lawyer will look into their practices and activities, as well.
- Owners: Whether you work onboard or a rig, the equipment owner has requirements to meet as well, including maintenance and making repairs. Failure to abide by these requirements can make them liable for your accident injuries or loved one’s wrongful death.
- Equipment manufacturer: Design defects can lead to mechanical or operational failure and accident injuries. If this circumstance was the case, the law offices of Omar Khawaja will uncover design flaws, defects, and other product liability errors in your personal injury or workers comp claim.
Not all equipment failure accidents at work are limited to workers’ compensation. In some cases, you can file a non-subscriber or third-party claim to pay for your injuries as well. You can count on our Houston equipment failures injury lawyers to uncover every legal avenue you have available, including claims under the Jones Act, Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA), and Death on the High Seas Act (DOHSA).
Federal and Texas Laws Protect Your Right to an Equitable Award for Your Losses
Workers’ comp provides medical benefits and disability after a work accident. While it does pay these specific benefits, it does not pay for the pain and suffering and future losses you experienced. If your employer or operator does not have a Texas workers’ comp policy, you and your Houston equipment failures injury lawyer can pursue a civil claim.
Awards we have helped past clients obtain include:
- Current and lost work wages and benefits
- Current and future medical costs
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death awards for surviving family
- Increased personal or household costs
- Punitive damages
- Other recoverable awards
The value of your case is determined by the facts and circumstances of your case as discoverable. It is vital that you track your costs between now and the time you hire a Houston equipment failures lawyer. After you hire the law offices of Omar Khawaja, we will keep track of your ongoing losses on your behalf by working with the insurance companies and your medical provider.
Contact a Houston Equipment Failures Lawyer for a Free Consultation
There is a civil statute of limitations that applies to your case. Missing it will negatively impact the outcome. Contact a Houston equipment failures lawyer at the law offices of Omar Khawaja will ensure that you meet all applicable deadlines while demanding a fair insurance settlement on your behalf.
We will not charge you upfront legal or attorneys’ fees if you hire us to represent your equipment failures accident case. Schedule your No-Cost, No-Obligation Consultation with our firm now at (281) 888-2339 or message us privately.